Thursday, May 24, 2007

You're it.

I got tagged by Lynn on Monday, but I'm feeling kinda lazy this week (as you might have noticed since I haven't given the birdie update or reviewed the book I finished). So you get a late and pared-down version of the original, but so be it. Here goes.

I'm supposed to list my top five local restaurants. I decided to go with the truly local establishments, and not list anything that has locations outside of the Bay Area. And by cuisine-type 'cause it helps narrow things down.

1. Thai--The Blue Mango in Santa Clara, although Thai Basil in Sunnyvale is also worth visiting. It'll hit your Thai spot. Lots of flavor in everything. Try their spicy noodles. Yum!
2. Mexican--For a taqueria, La Victoria in downtown San Jose; for a sit-down place, La Fiesta/Fiesta Del Mar in Mountain View. Fresh, flavorful guac, outstanding enchiladas, 4 salsas at every table. And margaritas.
3. Pizza--Willow Street Pizza (Westgate location preferable). It's a wood-fired pizza place and I haven't had a pizza there I didn't like. Salads aren't so great, though.
4. Breakfast--Hobees. Super yummy everything I've tried. Even the coffee cake is of note. (I usually go to the one in the Pruneyard, 'cause it's the closest.)
5. Chinese--Hong Fu in Cupertino--based solely on their walnut prawns (though the kung pao is also good).


Okay, so now I'm supposed to tag five people, so Doug, Jodi, Crystal,Daphne, and Barbara consider yourself tagged.

Labels: